The Bartender is responsible for providing the highest quality of beverage production and service to our members and guests. In addition to supporting resort events and activities, the Bartender maintains the bar, service areas, and related storerooms. This is a seasonal position; not eligible for company benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar, restaurant, and resort guests.
- Ability to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
- Interact with customers, take orders, and serve drinks as well as food.
- Assess customer needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory, materials, and supplies.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations – including drinking age regulations.
- Create daily/weekly drink specials.
- Keep inventory and report sales at the end of each business day; must be responsible with money. This will require a nightly cash-out.
- Ensure a positive and pleasant customer experience.
- Take and deliver orders with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Deliver checks, accept payment methods, and manage cash and/or credit slips.
- Contribute to a team environment.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender.
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing, and serving drinks.
- Ability to adapt to situations and adjustings accordingly.
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean.
- Computer literacy; working knowledge of cash register and point of sale software.
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, food safety training or relevant training preferred.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age 18 (to serve alcohol)
- TIPS Certification
- Standing, Walking, Talking and Hearing
- Reaching Overhead
- Working with sharp objects/tools
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.
- Using stairs
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, résumé, application, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1684, Campton, NH 03223. No phone calls, please.
LCJ Management DBA Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.