Are you an outgoing and responsible individual with a passion for the sport of golf? If so, apply for a Golf Shop Staff position at Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club. You will be responsible for attending to the needs of golf shop patrons and must be able to work independently. In this position, you will be responsible for acting on behalf of Golf Shop Manager, and Director of Golf by administering existing policies and regulations. This is a seasonal position; not eligible for company benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Open and close the Pro Shop and perform all associated duties.
- Help with tournament registration and gift certificates.
- Responsible for interacting with patrons and providing them excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Use a cash register to collect golf fees and make retail merchandise sales.
- Complete necessary registration paperwork.
- Answer the phone and make reservations.
- Sell golf shop merchandise utilizing knowledge of product technology and sales.
- Provide information and answers questions concerning various programs.
- Display and stock various retail items.
- Assist with inventory count of retail items.
- Keeps the golf shop clean and orderly.
- Know the course and become familiar with regular guests’ needs and expectations.
- Keep inventory and report sales at the end of each business day; must be responsible with money.
- Answer simple questions about the facilities.
- Must be a polite, courteous, and trustworthy individual.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours and weekend assignments.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, its rules and regulations.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must know how to operate a golf cart.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, commitment to exceptional customer services, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age 18
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work may involve frequent periods of standing, sitting, and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment with exposure to weather extremes.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, résumé, application, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1684, Campton, NH 03223. No phone calls, please.
LCJ Management DBA Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.