Equipment Operator/Maintenance Worker
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club
The equipment operator, under the supervision of the assistant superintendent or foreman, performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, backhoes, trucks and other maintenance equipment. If you are a hardworking, multi-talented individual who is interested in performing these jobs, consider applying to Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club today. The successful candidate is committed to the resort’s overall operations and contributing to a customer-oriented environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mow greens, tees, fairways and roughs with turf mowers.
- Operate all types of equipment; turf vac, skip-loader, aerifiers, sprayers.
- May operate smaller equipment as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Ensure that the equipment cooling system is working at all times; refill fuel and oil daily; clean equipment daily; and report equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Provide basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the equipment manager or assistant superintendent, and returns equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Apply fertilizer as directed.
- Maintain and operate irrigation as directed.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned to maintain proper operations of the resort property. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment. Must hold appropriate license/certification for the specialized work to be done.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Ability to work unsupervised on a variety of job tasks.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, commitment to exceptional customer services, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment with exposure to weather extremes.