HR & Administrative Assistant
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, located in Thornton, New Hampshire, is seeking a HR & Administrative Assistant, to work directly with the Director of Finance & HR and the General Manager at the state’s only Nicklaus Design course. Located on 600 acres, the resort community features luxury homes, an on-site restaurant, driving range, an activity center, wedding and special event opportunities, and a growing Stay and Play/rental program. The resort came under new ownership in late 2014 and a dramatic expansion plan is underway to transition the resort to a four-season getaway with a wide array of activities and outdoor pursuits. Owl’s Nest employs between 10 and 100 part-time and full-time staff on a seasonal and year-round basis.
The HR & Administrative Assistant will maintain all personnel records in accordance with company policy and current state and federal regulations. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and HR, this position provides administrative support for the Director and the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned salary ranges.
- Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Maintains budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and benefits.
- Prepares new-hire paperwork.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone reference checks.
- Maintains the employee handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed.
- Maintains payroll records and processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for tracking tips payable and processing through payroll.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Drafts letters, schedules meetings, conferences and other such activities
- Answers phone calls, takes messages or transfers to appropriate person/department.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- Associates Degree preferably in human resources, business administration or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to compose, type and proofread materials.
- Must be able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.