Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, located in Thornton, New Hampshire, is the state’s only Nicklaus Design course. Set on 600 acres, the resort community features luxury homes, an on-site restaurant, driving range, an activity center, wedding and special event opportunities, and a growing Stay and Play/rental program. The resort came under new ownership in late 2014 and a dramatic expansion plan is underway to transition the resort to a four-season getaway with a wide array of activities and outdoor pursuits. Owl’s Nest employs between 10 and 100 part- and full-time staff on a seasonal and year-round basis.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club is searching for a Line Cook to prepare meals according to menu while following instructions in cooking and delivering items in a timely manner. This individual will work alongside other kitchen personnel to ensure a high-quality guest experience. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up work station with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment or utensils.
- Prepare ingredients to use while cooking.
- Cook with a variety of utensils and equipment.
- Ensure appealing and pleasant presentation before service.
- Maintain a sanitized, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Make sure all food and other items are cleaned and stored properly.
- Check for quality of ingredients and monitor stock.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned to maintain proper operations of the resort property. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; diploma from a culinary school preferred.
- Proven experience as cook.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods.
- Ability to follow sanitation procedures and other instructions.
- Strong communications and time management skills; excellent physical condition and stamina.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, emergency calls, holiday, and weekend assignments.
- Ability to work unsupervised on a variety of job tasks, from simple to complex.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, commitment to exceptional customer services, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.