Maintenance Person I
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club
The successful Maintenance Person I candidate is a resourceful, resilient, and multi-talented professional who will perform a variety of skilled preventative and general maintenance, repair, construction, and renovation work on Owl’s Nest-owned facilities and systems. This individual tests and performs corrective and preventative maintenance on building elements and fixtures, electrical and mechanical equipment, and other systems, including HVAC, indoor/outdoor pools, and plumbing. She/He must be skilled in one or more trades, such as electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC, appliance repair, or other recognized crafts. This individual will also be responsible for general guest requests for service, such as installing light bulbs, responding to issues within rental units, assisting with grounds maintenance, and general janitorial work, as necessary, to ensure a high-quality guest experience. This is a full-time, year-round, benefits eligible position. This position reports to the Director of Resort Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and daily inspection, and overall maintenance and repairs to interior and exterior of Owl’s Nest owned commercial and residential properties, including the Clubhouse, Activity Center, maintenance building, and Fox Run rental homes.
- Responds to trouble calls and work requests (emergency/non-emergency) for issues with interior/exterior lighting fixtures, fire/smoke alarm systems, HVAC systems, kitchen/bathroom plumbing.
- Resolves building service maintenance and repair work through troubleshooting, repairs, or replacements to windows, doors, walls, ceilings, tiles, flooring, fixtures, and appliances. Repairs damaged walls and finishes, prepares existing surfaces for painting and applies finishes.
- Interprets plans and drawings; prepares working sketches, when necessary; calculates project/repair estimates; obtains quotations and prepares requisitions for ordering materials; maintains an inventory of materials and equipment. Consults and works with other trades workers.
- Maintains and services tools and equipment used in the performance of duties; performs shop clean-up and maintains a safe and clean work area.
- General support through assisting custodial services, grounds, course maintenance, and other staff in the accomplishment of work.
- Responsible for overall maintenance and repairs of commercial and residential buildings, indoor/outdoor pools, as well as the cleanliness of the buildings and grounds.
- Maintains records and retrieves data related to work performed using digital record-keeping systems.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned to maintain proper operations of the resort property. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- High school diploma, GED, or five to seven years of applicable experience in building maintenance trades. Must hold appropriate license/certification for the specialized work to be done.
- Working knowledge of applicable building and safety codes and regulations related to facilities, systems, and renovations.
- Knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, emergency calls, and weekend assignments.
- Ability to analyze and respond appropriately to emergency situations and to recognize, secure, and report unsafe conditions immediately. Must have knowledge of safe working techniques and safety equipment and must be aware of typical workplace hazards as well as special hazards (e.g., biohazards, chemicals)
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Ability to work unsupervised on a variety of job tasks, from simple to complex.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, commitment to exceptional customer services, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment with exposure to weather extremes.
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position.