Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, located in Thornton, New Hampshire, is the state’s only Nicklaus Design course. Set on 600 acres, the resort community features luxury homes, an on-site restaurant, driving range, an activity center, wedding and special event opportunities, and a growing Stay and Play/rental program. The resort came under new ownership in late 2014 and a dramatic expansion plan is underway to transition the resort to a four-season getaway with a wide array of activities and outdoor pursuits. Owl’s Nest employs between 10 and 100 part- and full-time staff on a seasonal and year-round basis.
Are you an outgoing individual looking to work in high-pressure situations while catering to the needs of people? Consider applying for a waitstaff position at Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club. This individual must be able to ensure customer satisfaction while representing the values and standards of the resort. This position requires attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and an enthusiastic work ethic. Compensation includes hourly wage plus tips.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a positive and pleasant customer experience.
- Cater to the specific needs of individual customers.
- Advise on menu and beverage offerings and answer questions competently when they arise.
- Take and deliver orders with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Manage timing of meals and make adjustments accordingly.
- Work alongside other Food & Beverage employees to generate a positive and friendly, customer-focused environment for guests and patrons.
- Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance with cleanliness and sanitary standards.
- Submit an accurate and balanced cash out at the end of each business day.
- Check the quality of final servings and resolve any issues.
- Deliver checks, accept payment methods, and manage cash and/or credit slips.
- Contribute to a team environment.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned to maintain proper operations of the resort property. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.
- Previous work experience as a server, waitstaff member, or other restaurant employee preferred.
- Ability to build relationships with coworkers and customers and ensure mutual satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of cash register and point of sale software helpful.
- Patient and friendly with demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, food safety training preferred.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.