Owl’s Nest Resort, located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, is home to the state’s only Nicklaus Design golf course. This 600-acre residential community features 27 luxury rental homes and our on-site Restaurant – Panorama Six82 and Tented Pavilion for 160 guests. The Resort is currently undergoing a major expansion including 9.9- acre Lake Harold as well as pickleball and tennis courts. In 2021 the expansion continues with additional condominiums, clubhouse renovation, boutique hotel, and The LakeHouse Banquet & Event venue. We are nearly 100% booked for wedding and golf events for the 2021 season. We are in search of a Banquet Manager capable of meeting the demands of our Banquet and Event schedule and our growth. Employee housing is available.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for the successful execution and coordination of all Banquets and Events throughout Owl’s Nest Resort to ensure the highest level of service and quality to the client and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the management of banquet staff including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching/mentoring, and supervising.
- Communicate with staff and effectively execute all details of each Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Always provides professional and courteous guest service.
- Collaborate in conjunction with kitchen and sales team to ensure plan details for client are met.
- Direct and assist the team in setting up banquet and conference space; audiovisual equipment; food and beverage and displays/exhibits in conformance to needs and desires of the client.
- Facilitate communication with all departments to determine recent/updated food counts, banquet timing, and set-up arrangements.
- Assist in managing staff ensuring labor laws, company policies, and procedures are in compliance.
- Assist in effective control of labor costs.
- Assist in monitoring service and satisfaction trends, evaluating and addressing issues, and making improvements accordingly.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members, clients, guests, co-workers, and vendors.
- Ensure banquet equipment is always maintained, operational, and clean.
- Oversee, organize, and order all event linen and keep a running inventory of linen closet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma and three-five years related hospitality experience and/or training; Banquet/Event Serving experience required.
- Must have developed language skills to the point of being able to: read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, financial reports, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Actively participate in discussions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients, guests, and the public.
- Must have mathematical development sufficient to be able to read and interpret financial information and prepare budgets. Deal with a system of real numbers, probability, and statistical inference. Apply fraction, percentage, ratio, and proportions.
- Possess the sharp ability for attention to detail (able to quickly identify variances in standards), working efficiently and with flexibility. Ability to multitask and be highly organized while working under pressure
- Must have developed reasoning skills to be able to positively identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide a viable solution. Solve practical problems and deal with situations professionally and efficiently. Ability to interpret and analyze a variety of instructions or policies in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- TIPS Certified (or within 30 days of hire)
• Valid Driver’s License. Limited in-state travel may be required
• Participate in ongoing education and training.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This is a hands-on position.
- Availability on holidays, weekends, and nights is required.
- Walking, sitting, and standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, climbing stairs, balancing, pushing, kneeling, crouching, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing, and smelling.
- Lifting to 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying or transporting of food, objects, or equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. May include lifting or moving banquet tables, stage, table and/or dance floor carts, chairs, etc.
- Exposure to inclement weather including dust, wind, rain, snow.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,520.00 – $49,920.00 per year
Apply today by filling the form out below.