Running out of dinner ideas while staying at home? Try cooking our Bird in a Nest, a favorite amongst our diners at Panorama Six82! A juicy and delicious dish that will definitely put a smile on everyone who is eating it.
Serve this with a side rice pilaf or mashed potato and your favorite vegetable. You’re sure to have everyone asking for seconds!
- 5 lbs. whole chicken (or your favorite poultry)
- 1-quart cold water divided
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or sugar
- 2 small bay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Take 1 cup from the quart of cold water and combine with everything else.
2. Place mixture in a pot and bring to a boil, allow the salt and sweetener to dissolve fully.
3. Remove from heat and combine in a large container with the remaining cold water.
4. Give a good stir and add the poultry to the brine when it has cooled down. Make sure the poultry can be fully submerged; you can use a plate to weigh down the poultry.
5. Allow to brine overnight or up to 18 hours.
6. Remove from brine and give the poultry a light rinse to remove particles from the ingredients.
7. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until fully cooked. Rotate halfway through cooking process for even browning.
Sometimes we all need a little bit of comfort food and Bird in a Nest is just that. We hope this recipe brings a little bit of the Nest to you! Don’t forget, on Fridays and Saturdays we are now offering curbside pickup and take-out.
Stay tuned for more recipes!