Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, located in Thornton, New Hampshire, is the state’s only Nicklaus Design course. Set on 600 acres, the resort community features luxury homes, an on-site restaurant, driving range, an activity center, wedding and special event opportunities, and a growing Stay and Play/rental program. The resort came under new ownership in late 2014 and a dramatic expansion plan is underway to transition the resort to a four-season getaway with a wide array of activities and outdoor pursuits. Owl’s Nest employs between 10 and 100 part- and full-time staff on a seasonal and year-round basis.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club is searching for a detail-oriented and outgoing individual, skilled in multi-tasking and leading in high-pressure, busy situations. The successful Bartender candidate must demonstrate a commitment to exceptional service while representing the values and standards of Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club. Compensation includes hourly wage and tips.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar, restaurant, and resort guests.
- Interact with customers, take orders, and serve drinks as well as food.
- Assess customer needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Check customer identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory, materials, and supplies.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Create daily/weekly drink specials.
- Keep inventory and report sales at the end of each business day; must be responsible with money. This will require a nightly cash-out.
- Ensure a positive and pleasant customer experience.
- Take and deliver orders with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Work alongside other Food & Beverage employees to generate a positive and friendly, customer-focused environment for guests and patrons.
- Check the quality of final servings and resolve any issues.
- Deliver checks, accept payment methods, and manage cash and/or credit slips.
- Contribute to a team environment.
- Work diligently to achieve outstanding service quality.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned to maintain proper operations of the resort property. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.
- Proven prior working experience as a bartender.
- Ability to build relationships with coworkers and customers and ensure mutual satisfaction.
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing, and serving drinks.
- Ability to adapt to situations and make adjustments accordingly.
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean.
- Working knowledge of cash register and point of sale software helpful.
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, food safety training or relevant training preferred.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.