Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club, located in Thornton, New Hampshire, is the state’s only Nicklaus Design course. Set on 600 acres, the resort community features luxury homes, an on-site restaurant, driving range, an activity center, wedding and special event opportunities, and a growing Stay and Play/rental program. The resort came under new ownership in late 2014 and a dramatic expansion plan is underway to transition the resort to a four-season getaway with a wide array of activities and outdoor pursuits. Owl’s Nest employs between 10 and 100 part- and full-time staff on a seasonal and year-round basis.
Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club is searching for a Dishwasher candidate that is hardworking and will perform a variety of required tasks to support a busy, XX-seated restaurant. This individual will work alongside other kitchen personnel to ensure a high quality guest experience. The position requires cleaning dishes, kitchen work areas, food preparation equipment, and utensils.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a sanitized, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Make sure all utensils and equipment are cleaned and stored properly.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, pans, and other cooking essentials using dishwashers or by hand.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep, mop, or scrub floors.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations or on shelves.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas.
- May perform duties from other positions as needed or assigned to maintain proper operations of the resort property. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or resort ownership.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware would be helpful.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods would be helpful.
- Ability to follow sanitation procedures and other instructions.
- Strong communications and time management skills; excellent physical condition and stamina.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, emergency calls, holiday, and weekend assignments.
- Organization and attention to detail, positive attitude, commitment to exceptional customer services, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the resort/hospitality industry helpful.
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist.