Golfers know first-hand how many different options there are when it comes to equipment for the course – whether it be golf balls, clubs, gloves, or apparel. Overall, the golf equipment that you choose for yourself fully depends on your own personal preference, as everyone finds success on the course in their own way. One debate surrounding golf equipment is the topic of wooden vs. plastic tees. There are benefits to using both wooden and plastic tees, so how do you decipher which will work best for your game? Check out some of the top benefits for each type of tee:
Benefits of Using Wooden Tees
- Wooden tees are considered “old-school” due to the fact that they work very well, and they have for years. Many people find wooden tees to be more dependable overall.
- Wooden tees do not bend or break easily; they can also be pushed into the ground without a lot of force.
- For the most part, wooden tees are generally inexpensive, and they are cheap enough to purchase in bulk. So, you won’t ever have to worry about not having enough backups.
Benefits of Using Plastic Tees
- Plastic tees have a more modern spin on them and have become very popular over the years.
- You can count on plastic tees being very durable and lasting much longer than a full day on the course. If you are able to keep track of all of your plastic tees, they can be reused.
- Many plastic tees feature zero friction versions, which include the three prongs to easily support the ball on top, which can be very helpful in decreasing friction when your club comes into contact with your ball.